Saturday, May 1, 2010

Greenbrier

In addition to catching a healthy amount of the sweet air, I also snagged my first win of the season at Greenbrier last week and maintained my title as Maryland State Champ ...well, for the Cat1 females aged 30-39. I was super anxious about getting a good start in an effort to get the hole shot into the first technical section. I was shocked to find myself leading up the first hill and made a sizeable gap on the field by the time I reached the bottom of the first rocky, technical section. It wasn't long before the talented Lindsay Bayer passed me on the climb and I looked nervously over my should as Julie seemed to be gaining on me. Thank God for technical descents, as this was where I was finally able to put some good distance between Julie and I, securing second place overall and first place in my age category. Yay!!!!

13 comments:

Lorena said...

ANNA ANNA ANNA!!! WAHOO!

Lorena said...

If you dream it, you can believe it.

Lorena said...

Did you learn that maneuver of how to get sweet air from all your practice of riding unicorns?

Lorena said...

How disappointed are you that your slew of comments is all just from me?

Lorena said...

Hi!

Lorena said...

Me again!

Lorena said...

Great job!

Lorena said...

You rock.

Lorena said...

Your legs look buff in that photo.

Lorena said...

whiny and rear

Lorena said...

!

Anna said...

Your comments are the best. You're the best commenter ever.

mikejoos said...

Wow… so many comments… I’m jealous.

Congrats on the W, sweet air & MD state champ status!