Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tsali

Things have been quite hectic lately, which has left me precious little time for the blogging. Right now I have a back log of three race reports, roughly five or six deep thoughts, two invasive exotic species of the month, some FBC news, and a few other miscellaneous items. For right now I'll do a brief race report from Tsali. (click photo to enlarge)


On our way down south, Jeff and I managed to talk past our exit forcing us to drive through the heart of Gattlinburgh, which is kind of the Epcot of Tennessee (Tennessee's Disney World equivalent being Dollywood). Although it's a big drive, I always welcome an opportunity to race on Appalachian soil and squeeze in a quick visit with the family.

Neither Jeff nor I had a fantastic race. Although Tsali is fairly untechnical, there are very few places to pass on the course as much of it is narrow, side-hill singletrack. I had a pretty bad starting position, which is really no one's fault but my own. Also, because the course wasn't too technical, it didn't really play to my strengths very well. I need to stop scrubbing so much speed on the berms.

Jeff had an amazing start with a four man break on the first lap, but then had a number of mechanicals including a massive gash in his side-wall, causing him to ride the last lap on a flat. He is a bigger person than I am. I would have made my way for the car after mechanical #2. (click photo to enlarge)

The biggest success of the entire weekend was Jeff's Autobottle (c). Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the Autobottle in action, but suffice it to say that the Autobottle is the latest in self-feeding technology.

No comments: