Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day Three

Today's ride took me on a tour of some of the steepest pitches in the area starting with Glassy Mountain (6% grade), then onto Holly Springs School Road (6% grade), and finished things up with with Upper Spring Road (7% grade). Not knowing the area, I was very pleased with the route I gleaned from MapMyRide. Again, Super Taco served as the perfect recovery meal. ("Road Ends" is country for "Steep-ass Road Ahead".

Tomorrow I'm heading for Dahlonega, Georgia to ride 3 Gap, which lands solidly on my podium of favorite rides. In addition to the breathtaking views and quad burning climbs, 3 Gap is also a relic of my college days. Located less than an hour from Athens, 3 Gap is something of a tradition for the UGA Cycling Team. Long hours of shared suffering seems to be the stuff that life long friendships are made of.

No comments: