Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nader

I forgot to mention that I saw Nader at Hudson News in Union Station just before Christmas. That makes the third time this year. It seems a little depressing to me that such a distinguished man should be reduced to holding book signings at what is essentially a convenience store. Nestled between the candy rack and the peanut display, Ralph signs books as tired bureaucrats hurry to purchase a soda and a magazine for the train ride home. I know he gets a bad wrap, but it seems strange to see a former presidential candidate reduced to such conditions. Maybe next year he'll get upgraded to Dalton Books.

2 comments:

Rob said...

from Lorena:
Maybe he is just such a man of the people that he feels Dalton Books would be too posh for his cause???

Anna said...

I love your perspective on things