Monday, March 9, 2009

Set the Date!

Friends and family, we invite you take part in our participatory approach to wedding planning. For those of you who might be able to attend, please help us select a date by clicking the link below:

(Wedding to take place in Frederick, Maryland)

Here are some things you might want to consider when making your selection:
Sept 19, average high 75
This day in history (1984): Britain and China complete a proposed agreement to transfer Hong Kong to China by 1997

Sept 26, average high 70
This day in history (1960): Longest speech in United Nations history (4 hrs, 29 mins, by Fidel Castro)

Oct 17, average high 65, typ peak fall colors
This day in history (2006): United States population reaches 300 million people

Oct 24, peak fall colors
This day in history (1982): 12th New York City Women's Marathon won by Grete Waitz in 2:27:14
Oct 31, average high 60
This day in history (1992): Roman Catholic church reinstates Galileo Galilei after 359 years

Nov 7, Frederick 1st Saturday Event
This day in history (2007): Al Gore wins the popular vote but loses the electoral vote to George W. Bush

Nov 14, average high 55
This day in history (1993): 23rd New York City Women's Marathon won by Uta Pippig in 2:26:24

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Anna!
Bran~

Blue-eyed Devil said...

Well, damn, that's some fine news! Congrats to you both! Any one of those days would, of course, be perfect.

Wow!

Ryder and Indy Posner said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic news! Bark bark, pant pant pant.

Katie said...

First off, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you two and I am an awesome addition to any wedding so be prepared for that :) My vote is for Oct.17 because that is normally my fall break and so the chances are higher that I can fly eastward and enjoy some great fall colors and a great wedding!

Katie (Lord) Donald

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you Anna.
Joe~

gwadzilla said...

AWESOME!

congrats to the two of you!

is ICEBERG reserved for any of these dates?

Kay said...

Wonderful news, Anna! Great too that I am available on all those dates!

beckyb said...

Yahoo! Great news! I'll be in CO on Sept 19th, and the Bike Project reception is Oct 24th, but other than that, all the dates look great!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, first of all, for the mini history lesson... fabulous food for thought on an otherwise boring wednesday!!!

Congratulations, second of all, on the engagement news!!! If you opt to reproduce, your children will certainly be olympians (or complete klutzes - no guarantees here!!!)

Regarding the dates - I am free for all, but will now consider November 7 as a day of national mourning, so I vote against it due to the negative overtones... ;^) love, amanda

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!! that's sooooo exciting, I'm so happy for you! I'll write you soon. Ofcourse any date is ok, i'll be there

Anonymous said...

haha, that anonymous comment was mine, Hieke.

Anonymous said...

Well Anna my dear, my congratulations to you. Ya gotta bring that feller around to the farm, for us to meet him.

love ya,

Jonas

roger said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I only just now have had the strength to share my feelings. It's a sad day in manville... The area's most eligible bachelorette, Spokes cover girl, queen of the blogosphere, one of the most amazing women ever, qt Anna Kelso will be tying the knot?

Jeff is one lucky dude, and I am bitter about this...

Seriously, any of those dates will be awesome!

Blue-eyed Devil said...

Oops, I'm with Bek on the dates!

Again, congrats!...I drank 8 barleywines in your (collective) honor last night. ;)

Anna said...

We're honored

Anonymous said...

holy shit ! sorry for the lack of vocab but we are all very happy for both of yall! ga redneck!!!

Anna said...

Thanks! We'll have to import some Terrapin for the reception!

Anonymous said...

carl sandbergs!