Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Season Opener

Jeff and I rang in the beginning of another season at the WABA Gala on Saturday night at the German Embassy. It was a lovely evening of silent auction (I got out bid on the hair cut at Bang and the breakfast with Bluemenaur), delectable finger food and a copious supply of Gladiator wine. With the Rockburn race the following morning, we decided to make it an early night and headed home just as the dancing got started.

Sunday morning Jeff and I headed off to Rockburn for our first mtb race of the season. It was a pretty fast course with tight turns and short punchy hills. My original plan was to stay with Melanie ...turns out she's pretty fast right now. Hmmmm ...I wasn't too excited about the race results, but it's still fairly early in the season and I've got time to get in some more intensity before racing season really gets started ...hopefully last weekend is not indicative of what's to come.



Oh, and Jeff won! Yay!!!! Rather than try to give you a second hand account of his race, I'll just refer you to the above clip provided by cyclingdirt.com.

Click HERE for results.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Cool video. Go Jeff!!!

-Lorena (too lazy to sign out for Rob)