Monday, March 2, 2009

Old News

As many of you may have already heard, David Zabriskie's home was burglarized while he was off racing in the Tour of California (VeloNews ). Among the list of stolen items was his collection of seven Marvel Sideshow statues at a worth of $11,000.

I'm still trying to decide which is the bigger tragedy ...losing thousands of dollars worth of prized possessions ...or going public with your Marvel Sideshow obsession.

Zabriskie's Marvel Sideshow Roster Includes: Hellboy, Ash, Lara Croft, Ironman, Gears of War, The Punisher, and Alien.

Complete list of stolen items from VeloNews:

• Black 2008 Subaru Outback, Utah plate A189NC
• Black 2006 Toyota Scion, Utah plate 094VWM
• Giro D Italia Race Medal (approx. 6" circumference)
• Olympic Seiko watch
• Beijing Olympic ring (silver) with initials "DZ" engraved ($4,000)
• Olympic Time Trial Bike, plus 12 other bikes (combined value of $100,000)
Cervelo (black/red) bike frame - team issued ($5000)
• Tag Heuer watch ($6,000)
• Bose Speaker/Receiver System ($15,000)
• Sony 52" flat screen TV ($4,000)
• Two Mac Books and one Mac desktop, plus hard drive ($8,000)
• A pair of Space legs, a recovery compression system for legs ($5,000)
• 7 Marvel sideshow statues ($11,000)

10 comments:

Rob said...

They found one of his cars a few days ago.

Anna said...

Looking at the list of items stolen it almost seems as though the burglars had a personal vendetta against Zabriskie.

Anonymous said...

Brinks home security is only $30 a month. That's like two trips to Chipotle Burrito or 1 box of Gels.

The other day I had cops running around my house followed by them almost kicking my door down. I had no clue that my wife accidentally set off the alarm with out Cancelling it afterward. Brinks called us for the secret password but we failed to pick up any of our 3 phones.

Anonymous said...

"Olympic Time Trial Bike, plus 12 other bikes (combined value of $100,000)"

Whoa, I typically hear of bikes stolen in the range of $5,000.

It was likely an "inside" job. Someone that knew he had stuff.

I own a few bikes; valued at only $2,000 but it's the home invasions that worry me.

Anna said...

I'm more fascinated by the fact that he invested $11k in Marvel Sideshow statues. Who does that?

Travis said...

My wife would invest much more than that in a tractor,....but that's kinda cool!

Anna said...

Tractors are useful. Statues of make believe super heroes are not. Your wife sounds like a good woman.

gwadzilla said...

yea...

the statues makes me suspect

gwadzilla said...

and there is no such thing as a watch worth 5,000

I have a 30 dollar timex

Anna said...

Yeah, I'd like to offer him my financial advising services.