Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Frederick in the NYT!

Looks like the New York Times also thinks highly of our new hometown! What they failed to mention was how awesome the road and mountain biking is! While living in Frederick and working in DC might sound like a crazy idea ...it's actually working out quite well. Taking advantage of the MARC train, bike commuting, and working from home I have found that I am actually able to get in more quality winter base miles than I ever was while living in DC. Don't get me wrong, DC is a great city; however, I found it to be a very frustrating place for riding ...one more trip down Beach Drive and I would have thrown my bike in Rock Creek and started playing ultimate frizbee ...yeah, it got that bad. Life in Frederick is good ...and Jeff is the best roommate ever. (Photo credit: NYT)

Link to article >>>>> HERE

Much of our decision to move to Frederick was inspired our results from the FindYourSpot quiz. Frederick topped our town podium! Take the quiz to find your ideal town >>> QUIZ

Speaking of awesome towns, Jeff and I are leaving for Hendersonville, NC this afternoon! Can't wait to ride in the hills of western North Carolina ...oh, and also see my family!


(Many thanks to Maggie for the heads up on the NYT article!)

No comments: