Thursday, July 31, 2008

de 'Toona


No touring of Altoona this year. The race promoters decided that the only thing worth seeing in Altoona was it's downtown area ...so this year's race was boiled down to a criterium.

I've been lacking race report inspiration lately, so I'm going to try to do the following report completely in iambic pentameter:

Aside from just a few big pulls I think
My racing style was too conservative
With three laps left I thought I'd get away
But did not lay it on the line. The end.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme
Others don't




ps: In response to Chicken's Haiku Wednesdays ...I think I'm gonna start instituting my own iambic pentameter Thursdays ...we'll see how it goes
(photos courtesy of The Schalker)

5 comments:

Chickin said...

I love it! I've been slacking on the Haiku Wednesday. In fact CK is on me now to write one in Pig Latin. That should be fun. At least I have a week to work on it. Heard about your shoulder... hope you heal up fast.

Anna said...

I thought you might like that!

As for my shoulder, it's doing much better. Sonja really knows what she's doing! I had an appt with her yesterday and she got the bump to go down a good bit. Tell her I said thanks!

Lenore said...

I found your blog on the michaux website and just wanted to say hi! I raced with you at toona and fitchburg. too bad the wilderness 101 was on the same weekend as toona!!

JAA said...

Anna - glad to hear your shoulder hasn't slowed you down...I thought those things take a while to heal?

Are you racing cross this year?

Jeff

goat said...

iambic pentameter thursdays - very cool