Friday, July 25, 2008

4 Square!

Yesterday afternoon's office picnic in Rock Creek Park was a real success. It is unfortunate that office picnics get such a bad rap. For me, the highlight of the day was the 2008 Box Ball Tournament. What better way to iron out cubicle frustrations? So metaphorical! Struggling to claw your way to the top in boxes of our own making!

Maybe it was my grade school days of box ball domination that conditioned me to a cubicle career? Still recovering from my recent shoulder injury, I was definitely missing the snap I needed to properly defend my title.

What began as a jolly game of box ball ended up as a ruthless quest for the hallowed 4th square. We're now making budget adjustments to include a box ball court in the 2009 fiscal year.

Official rule book of the US Box Ball Federation (USBBF)


















2 comments:

mikejoos said...

before reading the title of this bog i assumed you were doing the robot ( the dance). you look like a robot in that picture. till i clicked on the picture and noticed that you have a weird focusing grin on your face that is totally not the kind of face you need to have if you are doing the robot. loose the grin and add backward baseball cap and a boom box and mabey some cardboard (for doing spins on your head) and you have a career as a break dancer. that stupid cubical job will be a thing of the past.

gwadzilla said...

I will need to download those Box Ball Rules

four square is big in the alley behind my house

the kids... well... they need rules

when I was in high school I developed something that was part therapy and part gossip column
and it revolved around four square

very therapeutic