Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Police Week

May 11 - 17, 2008
Washington, DC




I always wonder about the social aspects of these conventions.

What is the social pecking order?
Do the big city cops mingle with the small town cops?
Do the LA and NYC police get all the ladies?
Motorcycle cops, bike cops, and horse cops?
Do they band together or is there animosity between these classes?
Why are they always playing bagpipes? What's with the kilts?
Are Segway cops invited to the after party?

Just some things I think about...

7 comments:

KMAX said...

Segway cops! I love it, and I doubt it.

If I had to guess I'd say the inner popo interactions, while not as hostile say as fire vs police as probably pretty segregated. Like biker cops vs mounted cops.

Just my 2 cents.

Anna said...

I imagine the Segway cops hanging out around the punch bowl trying to make awkward conversation.

Bike Cops vs. Mounted cops: Who do you think is higher on the social status ladder? Who would you put your money on in a duel?

gwadzilla said...

mounted cops?

I remember that guy in the Village People
wasn't he a mounted cop?

Matt Donahue said...

booo- Gwadzilla, that's awful.

I think mounted cops are on their way up, their steeds are "greener" than that morotcycle cops.

Anna said...

Too bad they don't carry swords.

Jeff said...

A segway cop came in on a slow day at the shop once, and we all bugged him to ride it. When it was my turn I couldn't figure out how to turn it in time and hopped off as it crashed into the front counter. He wouldn't let anyone else on it after that. oops.

Anna said...

Way to ruin it for everyone!