Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Well Worn: Part II

Microeconomic theory suggests that insufficient information is one of the root causes of market failure. This occurs when the “invisible hand” fails to efficiently allocate goods and services in a free market. I’d like to think that this humble blog has made a small contribution in the direction of reducing global market failure by improving the lines of communication within the economy. (yeah, I have big feet)

Buy My Socks on eBay!!!!

Last month I was looking into various methods of raising funds for a new road bike which brought me to eBay where I learned that there is actually a market for “Well Worn” socks. Heretofore, I was unaware that there was such a market. I have several pairs of socks that fit this description and had no idea that these socks could possibly be pumped back into the economy.

Well, as luck should have it, that posting caught the attention of my friend, Goat, who happened to be selling her Tarmac at the time. This is yet another example of how improved communication within the market is essential for combating overall market failure (that and eliminating improper government intervention such as ridiculous farm subsidies).

Buy My Socks on eBay!!!!

I am now in the process of purchasing Goat’s Tarmac and am looking to liquidate my stock of “Well Worn” Socks on eBay. With the help of my good friend Dave, we have provided a portfolio of my new line, “Well Worn Socks by Anna”. You can place your bid on eBay and let the “invisible hand” find the point of Pareto Efficiency.





Foot models: Anna & Dave

11 comments:

gwadzilla said...

I like Dave's mohair pajamas

Icon O. Classt said...

Damn, you guys just ain't right...

schneiderdave said...

I may just quit my job to do this shit full time. Especially now that I know there is a market for "mohair pajamas"

KMAX said...

And to think, I'm having a hard time off loading my ski's... WTF?

Anna said...

Try using the phrase "well worn". It's a selling point.

JoshInDC said...

For $.99 + S&H are the legs included, or do you just get the socks?

And...way to tag your blog with "pareto efficiency."

mikejoos said...

Excellent foot modeling.

I’ve got those bumblebee socks on my watch list

Anna said...

They are reminiscent of some of the work you do.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you are turning this site into a foot fetishing economists dream! More pictures of your feet and well worn socks!!!! No more pics of the hairy leg dude.. and of course more econo-lingo please!!!

schneiderdave said...

anonymous:

hairy leg dude happens to have almost the same number of hits on ebay. different strokes for different folks

-mohair pajamas

Anna said...

Who said anything about a foot fetish?! I'm just selling used socks, sicko.