Wednesday, March 26, 2008

the evens

I had the pleasure of meeting Ian MacKaye (of Minor Threat and Fugazi) on Mt. Pleasant Street a few weeks ago while making my way home from work. I would not have been able to pick him out in a crowd, but I was with Joel who recognized him immediately. This chance encounter inspired me to start listening to his most recent band , The Evens (Ian MacKaye & Amy Farina). I have especially enjoyed their self titled album "The Evens". It's a good vibe and great driving music for my treks out the watershed. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

3 comments:

Icon O. Classt said...

Good stuff; that second CD was stuck for weeks inside my car's CD player, refusing either to come out or to play! Finally got it out with a credit card and now my Richard Hell and the Voidoids disc has settled adamantly into that dark crypt. You'd think I'd learn...

Icon O. Classt said...

Oh, and The Evens have played Fort Reno at least twice that I know of, the latest was in July of last year.

Anna said...

Definition of insanity: trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

....just saying

Let me know if you hear about their next appearance.