Monday, February 25, 2008

Still Winter

Another lovely weekend. Friday night I went out with my friend Margaux to see the Alvin Ailey Dance Company perform at the Kennedy Center. My favorite piece, Revelations, was originally choreographed by Alvin Ailey back in the 60s or 70s. The energy and emotion running through their bodies leaped from the stage and left Margaux and I moved to tears.

The remainder of the weekend was an amalgam of bike riding and socializing….pretty much all you need to make it through another work week. Both Saturday and Sunday were spent in the watershed.






Saturday’s ride with Dietrich and company.












Looks like Eric forgot to pack food…









It was still fairly cold on Saturday so the snow had some good traction (photo taken by Kate, and is part of Dietrich's permanent collection)







Rode with Matt and Darren on Sunday:






Matt is one B.A.M.F. on his rigid single speed!







The snow was beginning to melt...which meant a little less traction.

4 comments:

goat said...

Very nice - I like.

Anna said...

Wish you could have been there! The east coast misses you! When are you coming back? Oh, and I love your new team kit!

Lorena said...

Anna, I want to be reincarnated as you in my next life.

Anna said...

I was thinking the same thing about you while climbing up Hamburg Road last weekend! You're quite the rock star on the bike.