Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Idle Chatter

In honor of lent I have decided to give up idle chatter…more specifically, judgmental idle chatter. This means that for the next forty days I will do my very best to refrain from making unnecessary judgmental comments of any form. I think this will be good for my soul.

In preparation for the long road ahead, I have decided to compile a list of what I believe to be the TOP 7 WORST IDEAS EVER. Take it for what it’s worth….





The full bike roof rack. Why do these look so dumb to me?









The new skewer, ratcheting, quick release thing on Specialized bikes. What was wrong with the old ones?











Spinergy Mtb Wheels. Am I missing something? I don't get it.












So....what is this thing really for?











Rock Jerseys...is there really a market for this?












Hazelnut flavored coffee. Coffee has never been so disrespected.











Collectible Samurai Swords. Never date anyone with a healthy collection of samurai swords.



Wew, alright, I think I got it all out. No more idle, judgmental chatter shall come from this mouth (or from this blog)...at least not for the next 40 days.

13 comments:

gwadzilla said...

I need to find an out let like that!

it looks like it really lets the steam out of the pressure cooker

mikejoos said...

I’ve got one of those blue breathing things, it sounded pretty convincing in the catalog, but after having it for a while i’d have to agree with you, it is a bad idea.

mooradian said...

How about tomorrow's post

TOP 7 BEST IDEAS EVER

Anna said...

Yup, that's actually already in the works.

MRussell said...

Freebird, yelled with my lighter held aloft...


I agree with each one, so am I being judgemental as well?

Anna said...

'fraid so...but if people didn't buy dumb stuff, we wouldn't have to be so judgmental...or maybe we just need a lesson in humility?

MRussell said...

I get a lesson in humility every time I race.

It's all good, I could be living my life camped out on a couch, one potato chip away from buying the farm. d&mn, there I go again being judgemental...

Have a great day.

Anna said...

yeah, that's why I prefer mtb racing to road racing. When you have a bad day, it's a much more private moment. I've been humbled in many a road race.

fridrix said...

Yay another voice stands up to the hazelnut lobby

mikejoos said...

what happens @ the end of 40 days?

Anna said...

I think the Easter bunny comes...and hopefully I am closer to being a better person. But no matter what, I will always cast judgment on those that consume hazelnut flavored coffee.

mikejoos said...

good, I thought you might follow w/ 40 days of being a jackass.

Anna said...

I have too much luv in my heart for that.