Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Black Mountain to.....

Well, I tried to do my favorite loop in the Pisgahs again. This time I got a bit farther than Joos and I did in the snow over MLK weekend. Ultimately I had to cut things short on account of the rain. Being the trooper that I am, I pushed on....but things got pretty sketchy. I was alone, on a sketchy-ass descent, in the rain, trying to navigate around tight hair pin turns with steep drop offs, criss crossed with a maze of slick-ass roots and rocks.

Taking all of these things into account, the self preservationist and soil conservationist in me opted to take the gravel road back. On my way back to the car I stopped by a gathering of people who had just finished a 36 hour endurance mtb race held in the Pisgahs. There were something like 7 2-person teams and 2 or 3 solo riders. Such a humble gathering for such an amazing accomplishment!

Unfortunately I didn't get the 4+ hour ride in I was looking for, so I headed to the gym with my grandmother. Together we pumped the iron. At 92, she's a beast in the gym.


2 comments:

mikejoos said...

I’m so jealous; I wish I had been there.

What is SECCC?

Anna said...

Like wise. Well, there's always next time...

SECCC = South Eastern Collegiate Cycling Conference

...UGA is gonna lay the hammer down on the Florida Gators this year!