Friday, December 28, 2007

Group Ride: Miami Style


Who needs a trade show when you can go on a group ride in Miami the day after Christmas? Never have I seen so many amazing bikes on a single group ride. Pinarello and BMC seemed to be the flavour of choice among this crowd. There was more bling on that ride than in a master’s cat 5 race in the mid-Atlantic …if you know what I mean ….and I think you do.


In addition to the rolling trade show, the group ride came complete with its own neutral support and pace moped. I managed to snap a photo of the pace “car”, but was unable to capture the wheel moped on film. I'm not altogether sure why so much support was needed for a ride that ultimately amounts to riding up and down the the Rickenbacker Causeway. I could just station my grandmother at one end in a lawn chair with a host of wheels and call it good. But this is Miami, and everything seems to be taken up a notch down here.
So, if you missed Interbike this year, don’t stress, just join the folks on the Wednesday morning group riding leaving from Don Pan in South Miami at 6:30am. Don't bother with extra tubes but do be sure to bring your blinky lights!

No comments: