Thursday, October 18, 2007

JuJo Farms Comes to Washington

My friends from JuJu farms (Judy, Jonas, and Megan) made the journey from Perry County to D.C. today in order to observe the green ingenuity of the Solar Decathlon displayed on the front lawn of our nation’s capitol. While they were here I had the pleasure of lunching with them at Ella’s Wood-fired Pizza. According to various websites Ella’s is one of the top pizzerias in the country….and we were not disappointed. It is most definitely a fine pizza establishment.

A classic case of the country mouse and the city mouse; it was quite a change of pace for me to be showing them around the city…rather than them showing me around their farm. I think Jonas was particularly impressed with the loud raucous group of protestors marching outside an office building. If it weren’t for the goats and cows waiting back at home to be milked I’m sure Jonas would have also procured a pickle bucket and joined in the fun.

While it was a short visit it was so good to see them all. It was nice to show them the urban jungle where I work and live. I look forward to my next visit to their farm. Its wood chopping season and I have some frustrations to work out.